jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When something needs to be fixed at home, do you do it yourself, research it, or

1. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 6 years ago

When something needs to be fixed at home, do you do it yourself, research it, or call a pro?

Lets face it today is the times of DIY for just about everything, but when something breaks at home whether it be a pipe, appliance, etc. do you try and fix it yourself, research it then try and fix it, or call in the pros before your significant other gets their hands on it and does more damage?

2. humikutty profile image56
    humikuttyposted 6 years ago

I may research it then try anf fix it..but if it is not working then i must call a pro.It is rather good if we don't research such unfamiliar products."A little knowledge is very dangerous"

3. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

Mostly, I do most kind of fixing my self.
    I use a rule "buy the tools you need for one time & save paying for services every time".

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

THIS is why, I am married to a do-it-yourselfer!

There is NO need to clean up behind him!    He is a tradesman of great quality and talent.  He is the man that books are written about.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I do a little of both.  For example, I had a washer problem.  So I studied up on line so that I could talk intelligently with the repairman about what I thought it was.  I was right that time!

If I can afford it, I prefer to have someone do the repair work for me.

6. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 5 years ago

I  do research it and then try to fix it. if it is not my cup of tea, only then i will call a pro.
    You know ....if the work to be done is easy and simple, there isn't a need to waste money for a pro. At the same time if the work is a bit complicated then there isn't a need to spoil things by working on it without proper knowledge.