What is the best way to begin a children's garden club?

1. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

What is the best way to begin a children's garden club?

(This photo proves that food from the garden has many uses!)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6391421_f260.jpg

2. NotTooTall profile image84
    NotTooTallposted 5 years ago

You could approach an existing group of children.  Like the Brownies or Girl Scouts, Cub or Boy Scouts.  Or you could approach your child's Teacher.  Any one of these might be interested in starting a club outside of their perspective gathering place.
    You could contact an adult gardening club and learn pointers from them how to begin your new venture.  They may be able to provide tested guidlines to follow.
    Good luck!

3. Wizzie Crone profile image59
    Wizzie Croneposted 5 years ago

I assume you have children of your own and that you want them to experience gardening. In that case I would begin with them. Ask your children if they want to begin a club and who they would want to ask. Involve the children in the planning, but I would decide what plants would be best for success. Sunflowers, pumpkins, cukes, marigolds, etc. Especially easy to grow are green beans. All you need are 3 poles tied together at the top, then set them up like a teepee. Plant the seeds at the bottom of each pole. When summer comes, the kids will have a teepee they can go inside of, and there will be ripe green beans hanging down everywhere. What a great lesson when they cook the green beans they have grown.  Good luck.

working