jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How has the economy affected your yard?

1. Joelipoo profile image82
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

How has the economy affected your yard?

A lot of people have tighter budgets and cannot spend as much money in today's economy. Have these tighter conditions affected the appearance of your yard?  Do you not spend money on mulch, new plants, etc.

2. handymanbill profile image80
    handymanbillposted 5 years ago

Grass don't get cut as n\much i have 21 Acres to cut. Flowers don't get bought and planted. There is a lot that does not get done now. Times are tough something has to give somewhere

3. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

The lawn maintenance is cut back as the cost to keep up with new plants, etc. is not a priority.  Will have to wait to do any new landscaping as well.

4. scottwkelley profile image60
    scottwkelleyposted 5 years ago

For me I get to spend more time on my yard. We stay home more, We plant more flowers that we start from seed. We grow more vegetables and are in the process of creating our first Outdoor Aeroponic system as space for growing in soil is limited.
    Other areas that we want is solar panels and wind generators, which will come as the price of everything keeps going up and up.
    We have and have been forced to change and re-think as we are three in a home with one income. Jobs are still not plentiful and those that are want to work us at min wage and part time, or as a contractor under a 1099.
    So in conclusion our yard is becoming a space for saving money and creating an abundant resource for our future.

5. Joelipoo profile image82
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

Many people cannot afford to care for their lawns with the tough economic times.  This hub gives some tips and encouragement for inexpensive, self-lawn care. read more

working