How to best care for a wool rug?

1. Athlyn Green profile image96
    Athlyn Greenposted 5 years ago

How to best care for a wool rug?

2. mommahottness profile image59
    mommahottnessposted 5 years ago

I have a Room size Wool Rug that was quite expensive.
    If the fibers are in good condition then you can clean it with a Rug Cleaner like
    this machine dose NOT HEAT the water.
    I used a good amount of Wool Lite in the Clean water chamber. And I cleaned my rug as you would clean any rug. Then I went over the rug several times with just the suction on the rug doctor to make sure I got out as much on the water I couldn’t. Then I allowed it to dry completely.
    WOW My rug came out Like New! It smelled soooooooo Good and It was in perfect shape.

Good Luck with your Wool Rug!!!

3. Shawn May Scott profile image61
    Shawn May Scottposted 5 years ago

I have several smaller wool rugs in my home and I vacuum them regularly to keep the dust and dirt under control. I also hang them outside to freshen every month when the weather permits. I do not clean them myself. I take them to a professional capet cleaning service. I know this can be expensive but my carpets are had me downs from my grandmother and I do not trust the rented carpet cleaners. If the carpet is installed you can spot clean using a spot cleaner for wool rugs and call a professional to come in and clean it. If you can remove the rug then the cleaning services usually have pick up and drop off services. I hope this helps.