Frigidaire gas dryer won't stay hot

1. profile image53
    brokenagaininmichposted 5 years ago

Frigidaire gas dryer won't stay hot

Had coils tested at appliance repair shop...but could they have been wrong...sure seems like coils. the ignitor works,flame sensors and all has been cleaned like crazy. Had the thermostats checked...they were fine. The repair guy said has to be an airflow problem...but there is no obstruction and still won't heat.Should we just get new coils and see if that fixes it? Thank you.

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

Check the outflow from your dryer. It may be choked with lint. It may not be at the filter but further along. This is very important to check as this causes a lot of fires in the USA each year. You may need to check the outflow from the outside and see if there is lint packed somewhere along the way, blocking the outflow.

Check this page:
    http://shop.flylady.net/pages/FlyShop_dryer.asp
    it is NOT an affiliate link. Read on down the page, past the ads to get the info on the need to clean the vent.

3. BobMonger profile image59
    BobMongerposted 5 years ago

Coils in a gas dryer? I own a propane fired dryer that I had to convert from natural gas. I literally took that dryer apart and put it back together and friend, I don't know how to tell you this, but there isn't anything that even LOOKS like a coil in that thing. Does it light at all?  If so and it doesn't get hot enough it is probably a bad heat sensor. If it doesn't lite at all you've got a bad ignitor. The only other possibility could be part of the wiring connections from the top controls to the motor. There really isn't much to a dryer to go wrong.

working