jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My pool is cloudy. I checked the ph & it is high. Can I use muriatic acid with h

1. Beth Roach profile image55
    Beth Roachposted 5 years ago

My pool is cloudy. I checked the ph & it is high. Can I use muriatic acid with having a de filter?

2. dawnella66 profile image76
    dawnella66posted 5 years ago

Please consider a salt filter, it will keep your pool crystal clear all through the summer with minimal effort. Add salt once or twice and it will work like a charm.

1. dawnella66 profile image76
      dawnella66posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry for the confusion, it is a  Salt Water Pool System with Filter Pump and it works great. Here is a link to one:http://www.poolproducts4less.com/intex-krystal-clear-salt-water-pool-system-filter-pump.html?gdftrk=gdfV22072_a_7c454_a_7c1838_a_

2. robhampton profile image96
      robhamptonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ok, ya I was confused lol. Salt generator systems do work well and need salt added about every 2 or three months. much less expensive than a pool that uses tablets.

3. robhampton profile image96
    robhamptonposted 5 years ago

I have been in this industry over 20 years, no offense dawnella66, but I have never heard of or have seen a "salt filter"  Salt filters are usually used in home water for softening hard water, not for pools, unless you are talking about a salt chlorine generating system which is in no way related to a filter.  So anyway, high pH will most certainly  cause cloudy water. You can use muriatic acid with any pool filtration system. pH should be between 7.4 to 7.6 I normally try to keep it on the low side of that. Water clarity has alot to do with pH (and filtration) Make sure your DE filter is not shooting DE back into the pool!! When you said DE filter, that's the first thing I thought of. The grids might be torn and aren't allowing the DE powder to coat the grids. So.... Backwash, add DE and check if powder is coming back into the pool. If you have any questions, let me know.

working