jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How can I decorate a garden corner under big trees to make it cozy for my kids (

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

How can I decorate a garden corner under big trees to make it cozy for my kids (7 and 10)?

Now I have a big tree stump and four smaller one, thinking of table and chairs, but it's not welcoming at all.
    Any ideas? smile

2. profile image47
    lauraleelljposted 5 years ago

a hammock or a bench might be nice, maybe even a bench swing. I would prefer a hammock though.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

Are your kids girls or boys?  Do you have room for a rope ladder, secret fort, or a tree house?    You could also decorate to make it a secret garden or an enchanted one w/ hidden fairies, oversized toadstools, and gnomes. If they are artistic, have them make a mobile or garden sculpture for all to enjoy.  The different stumps could also be painted as game tables for checkers and tic tac toe. Coir fiber makes a splinter free mulch or padding in these areas around stumps and roots.
    Have fun!

1. Robie Benve profile image98
      Robie Benveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi cat on a soapbox, I have a girl (7) and a boy (10). He would definitely like the stumps painted as game tables, great idea! And make them create the decorations could be a fun project too. I just have to think of what. smile Thanks!

4. henrywilliamson1 profile image61
    henrywilliamson1posted 3 years ago

Instead of a tree swing, how about hanging something more grown up (but equally fun)? This inverted papasan chair base serves as an innovative place to hang curtain panels, so you can create a sweet, shaded garden getaway.
    You can decorate your tree with beautiful colourful lighting around the leaf , trunk. It gives a special feel at night during this special occasion and festival. I did it at my garden and thank full to Wired and Wonderful company to provide me best garden lighting services.

working