jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Is The Cheapest Way To Build A House?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Is The Cheapest Way To Build A House?

What Is The Cheapest Way To Build A House? What is the most inexpensive way to build a house that will pass codes, but be a safe, solid structure that looks nice?

2. DRG Da Real Grinc profile image77
    DRG Da Real Grincposted 5 years ago

Really depends on where you live. If you live in a climate that can get cold or is cold then you'll need insulation. Buying supplies on sale would be a sure good way to go about it. If you are building a house where it is warm or hot all year round than an all concrete house is an inexpensive solution. What I like to call a Flintstone house because mixing cement is easy to do and cement is cheaper than wood.

3. HentiPoo profile image58
    HentiPooposted 5 years ago

I think it is better to build it by tin with earthen wall.

4. LoveWritingForYou profile image57
    LoveWritingForYouposted 5 years ago

If you have the time to plan for it do as I do (and am still doing) and build a house with mostly preloved items.  I actually bought a steel house frame on Ebay that was a display home pulled down.  It is of commerical quality so the house will be built to last.  I also go to auctions and garage sales.  I aim to spend no more than 10% of the retail price on home fittings.  This way I can enjoy stone benches and water features and towel warming rails that I otherwise would not be able to afford at this stage.  It is a long process but very rewarding as you see it all come together to fit in with your vision.  Just be careful and find out your local building codes.  Where I live I need to have a safety certificate for glass in windows.  I can get around it if the second hand windows I buy can be tracked down to the manufacturer so a new certificate can be issued or as a last resort you can replace the glass. Sometimes like in the case of bifold doors, it can be worth doing that.  You will get a safety certificate from the new glass installer.

working