jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there an inexpensive way to build a small greenhouse?

1. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Is there an inexpensive way to build a small greenhouse?

looking for ideas on how to build a greenhouse - perhaps out of recycled materials somehow? I don't have a ton of money to invest in it due to other more pressing issues in my home, but I have always wanted one smile any ideas?

2. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

Have you considered a "poly-tunnel"?

These greenhouses are inexpensive. Made of heavy duty polythene and only a basic frame covered with the polythene sheet. They are easy to construct, fix the support hoops into the ground a little like an ingloo, cover with poly sheet and add your plants.

They are also easy to move around and disassembel when you are not using them.

For growing small quantities of plants, cloches work well too. These are miniature greenhouses which cover a small number of plants.

3. tlcs profile image42
    tlcsposted 6 years ago

When I first started gardening and wanted to grow my own plants from seed I made the simplest greenhouse out of old bricks that I found in my garden where a wall had fallen down.
    I laid the bricks on top of each other about four storeys up in a square shape and then I found an old piece of glass from when we had our conservatory put up and placed this on top of the bricks.
    Worked brilliantly! Take a look at my hubs on growing from seed for more inspiration on gaining results cheaply and with time constraints. Good luck.

4. profile image47
    jackdohsonposted 5 years ago

I would like to suggest you to Feel Good company in the UK for buying the best poly-tunnel for small greenhouses.

working