jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Can you identify this flower? Includes picture

1. Mama Kim 8 profile image91
    Mama Kim 8posted 5 years ago

Can you identify this flower? Includes picture

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7037273_f260.jpg

2. Technologiblog profile image59
    Technologiblogposted 5 years ago

hello !! I know about this flower I think .. but i don,t know its English Name !

Mama Kim 8posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Aww.. well what name do you know it by? Maybe google translator could help.

2. Technologiblog profile image59
      Technologiblogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think its Orchid in ( english ) ! my wife suggest this name .. i show her this pic

3. Mama Kim 8 profile image91

Sorry this definitely isn't an Orchid.

3. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image80
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 5 years ago

This is Baptisia. There are different varieties and i can not say exactly which one is it.

4. OldRoses profile image97
    OldRosesposted 5 years ago

Baptisia aka False Blue Indigo.  This is one of my favorite native plants.  It has a long tap root which can find water deep underground making it drought tolerant (see my hub on herbs for xeriscaping). It was used as a dye plant.  Not surprisingly, it produces a blue color.  A member of the pea family, its flowers look like pea flowers and its seeds are contained in pods that look like pea pods.  The hybridizers have gotten hold of this lovely plant and produced plants with yellow flowers and even blue and yellow flowers.  I prefer the original version with "plain" blue flowers.

Why thank  you, I was hoping you'd see this ^_^ I wonder if there is something wrong with mine, they aren't very blue...
      Am I suppose to wait until the pods turn brown before I harvest the seeds for next year?

5. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure, but the leaf looks more like Lupine to me.:>)

working