jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How often do you vacuum your home per week?

1. ekinternet profile image72
    ekinternetposted 5 years ago

I time, 3 times, everyday and  why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4349650_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Once a week on average and it should be more because of the dogs we have.  We don't do it more often because it hurts both of us to do it (backs)...so at times it goes longer than a week.

ekinternetposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answers!

3. laidbacklady profile image76
    laidbackladyposted 5 years ago

I vacuum my home every day, often more than once. I have two dogs, and the big one has lots and lots of long black hair. Hair he happily drops all over the main floor of our house and leaves on the furniture, too. We then sit on the furniture, the fur sticks to our clothes, and we drop it on the stairs on the way up to bed at night.  And before you ask, the big black dog gets brushed and Furminated and raked regularly. The hair amount pretty much stays the same. Our little dog barely sheds at all. Both big and little pups like to roll around in the yard several times a day, though, and then come in and shake their coats. So then I get pieces of grass and weeds, and sometimes even bugs all over the floor. And because New Jersey is the home of lots of sand and my husband refuses to use any but the back and side doors, he happily tracks in lots of dirt and sand every day, often several times a day.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful answers. It will be useful for more studies on floor care products.

4. BeautySavvy22 profile image87
    BeautySavvy22posted 5 years ago

About 3 times, maybe even more a week.  I have cats and their hair gets into the carpet and is on the hardwood.  My hardwood gets dusty very quickly, so sometimes I use the Swiffer instead of the vacuum.  Plus I like the feeling of fresh carpet and shiny floors, it just takes a lot of work to keep it that way!

Thank you for taking time to answer questions on our study of floor care and vacuuming.

5. OldRoses profile image96
    OldRosesposted 5 years ago

After reading the other answers, I feel like a slob!  I have three cats, one of whom sheds incredibly but I only vacuum once a week.  I use a Dyson Animal vac which does a fabulous job.  Then I go around the house with my favorite Swiffer duster and get rid of all the dust and cat hair on my wood surfaces.

working