What product will replace Granite for countertops in 8 years?

1. alphagirl profile image83
    alphagirlposted 5 years ago

What product will replace Granite for countertops in 8 years?

There are so many people remodeling and building. Granite seems to be the first choice next to Quartz. What will we do with all the Granite when people rip it out of their homes in 8 years? I have noticed more people interested in recycled material like Paperstone and Curava. How can we repurpose Granite? Quartz is a composite of Granite. Granite is very heavy. Could we use it crushed/mixed in cement for sidewalks or flooring tile?

2. profile image74
    Annabelle Tylerposted 5 years ago

Personally, I'd prefer to see other materials than granite. Materials like limestone and soapstone are as durable and gaining popularity. I have always liked the look of concrete countertops, but it's not a project I've felt comfortable taking on myself.

I'm not sure about repurposing granite for flooring. Since it's so durable, I don't see why you couldn't. Possibly it's too slippery for use in flooring? I've seen scrap granite leftover from home improvement projects used as trivets for serving hot food. I guess if you had a really big piece you could cut it up and sell it as such or gift it to friends and relatives.

3. KennNewel profile image59
    KennNewelposted 4 years ago

Quartz would be great choice according to me. Soapstone, wood and glass are also there.

working