jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How Do You Get Rid Of Ants?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 21 months ago

How Do You Get Rid Of Ants?

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
    The Dirt Farmerposted 21 months ago

I don't know about inside the house, but . . . if you have ants in your garden, I would recommend leaving them alone. They are really beneficial!

3. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 21 months ago

Destroy the nest or get rid of the attraction.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 21 months ago

if  the ants are in the house, remove the food that the ants were eating.
    You don't have to wipe them off. The ants will disperse on its own.

5. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 21 months ago

I had researched this in recent past because we had a problem last year with ants in our kitchen and bathroom, and it was shortly after renovations. We got an exterminator because we needed immediate help. They applied bait which supposedly is taken back to nest.

However, if there are just a few ants here and there and you need a quick natural fix, you can spray with a vinegar and water mix because ants do not like vinegar so they will stay away.  However then I was told that the vinegar was bad for my granite countertops,  so instead alcohol in a spray bottle will do the trick.  Alcohol is OK on granite and will clean your countertops and will also kill the ants.

6. Matthew Woolsey profile image68
    Matthew Woolseyposted 20 months ago

I have a few thousand my self. This is a tricky question. They can be hard to get rid of and at the same time there a ways that you are attracting them. I use a pesticide called tero or trttro it is a liquid that u can drop anywhere they are collecting at (not good for pets or kids so be careful with using if you have any). Its very affective they eat it up like stink on   S**t . Like I said also you can be causing them to like by leaving food out, any thing sugary, soda cans anything sweet. Also outdoors you may have plants or flowers they are attracted to so do what you can find the sources and try to eliminate their supply chain.

working