jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you decorate a glass vase?

1. Global-Chica profile image94
    Global-Chicaposted 5 years ago

How do you decorate a glass vase?

I have a simple glass vase that I'd like to liven up by decorating it and giving it color.  Any ideas?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7304776_f260.jpg

2. bethany_p profile image60
    bethany_pposted 5 years ago

You can modge podge it, I've found covering it in paper and adding quotes, or little random pieces can look nice.  There are thousands of tutorials online for painting the outside or inside of the glass, I like how painting the inside looks.  You can cover some of it in yarn, or hemp, or cover all of it.  Use sharpies on it, although, I don't know how that would look with the clear glass, unless you paint it first.  You can mix the paint with gel medium and give it a tinted look, like an old bottle.
    Those are just some ideas - but I am a huge fan of pinterest, there are hundreds of ideas for glass bottles/jars on there.

3. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I am fond of painting on glass using the special paint made by Plaid.  You can even make clings from this paint and just stick them onto the surface.  That way you can take the cling off and change it.
    I wrote a Hub about Faux Glass Stain.  It is a versatile product.

4. rouilliewilkerson profile image60
    rouilliewilkersonposted 5 years ago

With flowers, of course.  Lots of lovely blooms any time of year, or maybe interesting twigs and pussy willow branches.  I remember running through a field of pussy willows as a little girl, that memory still influences how I feel about them. Any happy plant, branch or flower memories you could fill up a simple vase with?

5. profile image0
    Modonikaposted 5 years ago

I used to decorate my glass vase
    1.with lovely roses,tulips,lily, carnacia flowers or paper flowers.
    2. Used to put shells (big and small) to give some beach effect
    3. Used to fill the vase with water and put floating fish and floating plant. I have firey orange color floating plant.
    4. I used decor the vase with leaves. I used to cut a small branch near about vase length which is spreadable and green with lots of thin leaves and some half filled with water.
    5. Sometimes, I add colored balls that used to get fluffy after putting water, they actually soak the water and that looks like crystals or real gems.
    6. Some I used to mix them all with my creativity. smile I just want to spice up your this vase.

6. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Global- Chica,
    I would put something inside of the vase instead of putting something on the outside. I would try polished stones you can find at the craft store. Or, while you're there look around for anything small and colorful that can be put in water. I think small beads in layers would look great, or mix the colors to match your decor.
    Lisa

working