jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have any tips for growing Kale?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image90
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Do you have any tips for growing Kale?

I am looking to grow Kale possibly in the future.  It is so healthy and I really want to give it a shot.  Any tips on what is the best kind of seeds to buy, or any tips at all about successful growing of kale.

2. Marina7 profile image80
    Marina7posted 5 years ago

Hi, I know that growing Kale must be similar to growing Swiss Chard and the good thing about growing these large leafed vegetables is that even in the winter they survive. I recommend you start with Swiss Chard and see  how great it grows all year long. Sorry it took me so long to answer. Send me more questions if you have any. I haven't grown any Kale but am growing lots of Swiss Chard at this time.
    All the best,
    Marina.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image90
      oceansnsunsetsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hello Marina, thanks for your answer, and I will have to try Swiss Chard for sure.  It is good to hear ideas from others that have tried it.  I do especially like that you can have it growing even in the winter, or at least survive it. Thanks!

3. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 4 years ago

Be careful of caterpillars. I lost a lot of kale this year to a sudden infestation of them. (bought 2 pods of praying mantis eggs to solve that problem though)

working