jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you remove throw up smells (or smells in general) from a microfiber couch

1. Sue B. profile image97
    Sue B.posted 5 years ago

How do you remove throw up smells (or smells in general) from a microfiber couch?

My 2 year old has a stomach virus and has vomited (thrown up, puked, etc.) on my microfiber couch.  It is that type of microfiber that can get wet.  I cleaned it with vinegar and water then sprinkled baking soda overnight and it still smells.  Are there any other methods anyone has tried that were successful?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

If the smell remains, a commercial cleaner may be necessary. Kids ‘n Pets is designed to remove organic stains and odors. Simply spray the cleaner onto the surface and work it into the fabric. This is a great way to tackle odors that have soaked into the cushions.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Good old fashion soap and water should do it - but use a soap or detergent that will not leave a residue that will later attract dirt.  Time is also a good cure.  Clean it well, let it dry and then wait.  How is that baby doing now?  It is so hard when the little ones get sick like that.

4. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 5 years ago

We use Simple Solution Extreme: Stain & Odor Remover. We use this for our pets, but we have also used this for other "smells" and unmentionables. This is a great product plus it is safe for use around pets and children. Just read the back label for anything that might be stained, but I have used this on my good couches and arm chairs and everything turned out okay. But I'd read the back, just in case. Good luck and hope it helps!--Deb