jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

You know you've done this.............when was the last time?

1. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

You know you've done this.............when was the last time?

Everyone fibs or tells a "little white lie" once in awhile. What was the circumstance?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Normally it is hiding my thoughts or feelings about someone else. I try not to give them a straight answer because I hate lieing. It just makes me feel so guilty and I just think about it all day. But the last time was telling someone I enjoyed talking to them.

3. hawaiianodysseus profile image82
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

There was this gentleman from Canada who purchase a large Mickey Mouse plush doll from my eBay site. The rules state that it's a binding contract once someone presses the Buy button. Anyway, he didn't like the cost of shipping (priority), so I offered him the least expensive method of shipping--USPS International First Class--and he refused that, too. I thus cancelled the order and asked him to agree to the cancellation so I could get my eBay Final Value Fees back. He slow-walked that process. The next day, he asked if he could go ahead and purchase the doll anyway...this was AFTER I had already cancelled the listing. I was professionally courteous and wrote a nice response, but what I really wanted to do was tell him off. That was my most recent "little white lie." In my business, I'm sure there'll be more. Thanks for asking. Your question really made me do some thinking.

4. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 5 years ago

Earilier today I recieved a phone call from someone that I did not feel like talking to and I lied and said that I was not available but would take a message.