jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever painted any of the walls in your home red?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years ago

Have you ever painted any of the walls in your home red?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8065013_f260.jpg

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No I am a very neutral color kind of gal.  I do like red shirts, but not red on the walls.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

duffsmom,
      I used to go with neutral colors, but I've started experimenting with bold colors. So far I've painted two rooms with great darker colors and they look very interesting. It's just so different living with color.
      Thank you,
      Lisa

3. Mrs Hozey profile image82
    Mrs Hozeyposted 4 years ago

I haven't in my own home, but I once helped a friend paint her dining room a beautiful brick red. We painted the top half of the walls red and the bottom half a glossy white. It was gorgeous and really complimented the pale yellow in her kitchen.

4. Rosie Wood profile image60
    Rosie Woodposted 4 years ago

As a teenager, I got to choose the color of my room and paint it myself. It was a tall room with large windows, all of the wood was a dark mahogany. The top third of the walls was wallpapered in a simple cream wallpaper and the bottom two thirds I painted a deep crimson red. There was a picture railing running around the room separating the two.

These days I prefer to go for a more neutral look, and use furniture to add color.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Rosie,
      That room sounds great. I asked the question because I was painting my kitchen chili pepper red . Now that it's done I love it. It's a bold thing to do, but I wouldn't change it. Thank you so much.
      Lisa

5. OldRoses profile image94
    OldRosesposted 3 years ago

I've never painted a room red, but I did repaint a room that was red when I moved into that apartment.  It was the bedroom where I prefer more soothing colors than bright red.

working