jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best way to iron and fold shirts?

1. thumbi7 profile image64
    thumbi7posted 4 years ago

What is the best way to iron and fold shirts?

Ironing a shirt is not difficult. But if it has to be folded properly without any wrinkles, it is tricky.
    Any thoughts??

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 4 years ago

I use to provide an ironing service when I lived in England. I have written an article about  this including videos on how to iron, fold, and transport.
    http://www.squidoo.com/start-an-ironing … -from-home

3. Diana Lee profile image85
    Diana Leeposted 4 years ago

Wash and wear is the best way to go and then hang it on a coat hanger. When packing a garment to not wrinkle roll it up instead of folding to resist wrinkles.

4. The RV Guy profile image72
    The RV Guyposted 4 years ago

Drop 'em off at a "Wash/Dry/Fold" service found in most laundry outlets in anywhere USA!

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

In my book, "iron" is a "four-letter word" of the foul kind.

I don't iron.  I buy permanent press.  If it says "iron, hand-wash, hang to dry, dry flat, or dry clean only," it STAYS IN THE STORE!

Take your perma-press items out of the dryer as soon as the cycle finishes, and hang them up at once.  If you miss the end of cycle, and find something has wrinkled, put it back in the dryer with a damp towel, and then, this time, get it out immediately.

To pack in a suitcase, do NOT fold, but roll...(I have an article on here on how to pack a suitcase).  Rolling creates far fewer wrinkles than folding. 

When you are away from home, and no dryer is available, hang the wrinkled item in the bathroom with the door shut while you shower, or just turn on the shower to hot and let the steam build in the room.  Allow the shirt to hang and dry (it will get only very slightly damp), then put away or wear as usual.

Donate your iron to a charity.  (I use mine only for iron-on patches or pressing open seams while sewing these days.) 
    wink

6. Silver Fish profile image84
    Silver Fishposted 4 years ago

Don't iron, hang whilst damp. Ironing is a waste of life.

working