jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to clean under a clawfoot tub?

1. Outbound Dan profile image98
    Outbound Danposted 4 years ago

What is the best way to clean under a clawfoot tub?

In my current house, I have a classic clawfoot tub.  Though it isn't something I'd choose if building a house, it came with the place and has a certain cool factor to it.  Also the thing is so heavily built, that it will become my shelter if there is ever a nuclear explosion. 
    My question though, has to do with cleaning.  What techniques, cheats and tools do you use for cleaning under and around your clawfoot bathtub? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8730237_f260.jpg

2. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I had one once, and cleaned it by first, dusting underneath it with a long-handled duster, followed by cleaning with a mop. Of course, I had to get down on hands and knees to do both, which makes for a real pain, lol.

1. cat on a soapbox profile image96
      cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree w/ bethperry that this is really the best way. I like the elongated cotton dusters on handles that have swivel heads. They make the work easier for getting under wide objects.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Dusting first, then mopping is the best approach. See my comment to bethperry's great answer. You can spray water over the surface after dusting to loosen the grime before mopping. An old terry bathtowel is a good alternative to a handled mop, but it requires getting on the floor. A toothbrush is good for cleaning in and around the feet. Regular cleaning is actually less work!!

working