What is the best way to make an indoor strawberry planter?
More specifically, one for a small residence with limited space? A friend's elderly mother loves strawberries (she grew up on a strawberry farm) and wants one, but she has a very small apartment. Any ideas? Thanks!
I have been a gardener for years and I really do not believe strawberries will grow indoors. You might buy one just for use an indoor ornamental plant, but I doubt it would produce any berries.
1) Fill a jar, or a cup, with soil.
2) With a sharp toothpick pluck seeds off of strawberries and scatter onto top of soil.
3) Fill a second cup about a third of the way with water and add 2/3 hydro. peroxide to the water. Stir with toothpick. (The HP is natural oxidizer.) Keep this mixture separate, perhaps with a lid on it.
Then about every other day dip a toothpick in the HP/water mixture and drip it over the seeds to help them grow.
4) Do not overdo watering. Once the seeds have sprouted, only water about once per week.
5) Keep jar in warm spot to receive sunlight and help them sprout.
6) When they are large enough, there are your strawberries!
by Marlene Bertrand 4 years ago
What is this plant growing among my strawberries?In the process of pulling weeds from my strawberry garden, I discovered strange plants intermingled among the strawberry plants. When I pulled on the strangers, they came up easily, roots and all. I noticed that the leaves looked similar to the...
by Ponx 8 years ago
Chocolate flavored cup cakes .
by Tammy 6 years ago
Do strawberries have seeds? If so how are they harvested?I was wondering if stawberries have seeds and if so, how are they harvested? Could someone write a hub to show how to harvest them and how to plant a successful strawberry garden using the seeds. I haven't had much luck with mine.
by moonfairy 5 years ago
Is there a quirk about your significant other that drives you crazy?As soon as my husband gets into bed he flails his feet around and kicks the blankets all over the place, which drives me nuts! What drives you crazy about him or her??
by Paul Edmondson 8 years ago
I'm going to brine about 15-20 chicken breast, grill them, and then serve them as BBQ chicken sandwiches with jack cheese, mayo, lettuce, onion, and tomato.
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|