jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is this yellow flower called?

1. Andme26 profile image76
    Andme26posted 3 years ago

What is this yellow flower called?

Can someone please tell me what this flower is ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11438387_f260.jpg

2. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

To me it looks like Marigold but I am not quite sure. Marigolds have yellow coloured-flowers and it looks like yours on the photo. It smells but it is beautiful to look at.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

That's definitely a marigold. Plant them in your garden, around anything that's edible, to ward off pesky insects. They're very easy to regrow from the abundant seeds they produce, underneath the flower.

4. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 3 years ago

Marigold plants add nice color to areas and are a gardeners friend!

5. Aniket Lawand profile image74
    Aniket Lawandposted 3 years ago

All answers are correct. This is Marigold. Garlands made out of this flower are popular in India. It is mostly used during the month of October for a popular festival "Dussera". On Dussera, apart from regular worship, the Garlands are used for regular prayers and also vehicles, tools and objects which are important to them. For example if Indians  played Baseball then on Dussera Indians would offer it to the Baseball and the Baseball Bat. It is a way of saying Thank You to all of them.
    Not to forget to certain deities are also worshiped with these flower due to its colour.

6. profile image56
    gr8foolposted 3 years ago

This is a couple of marigolds. It is the same flower, I believe, which Drew Barymore's character gives to ET in the movie from the classic 1980s called "E.T. Extra Terrestrial.
    "E.T., Phone home."

working