jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Which is the best indoor plant for home?

1. chughgarima profile image60
    chughgarimaposted 10 months ago

Which is the best indoor plant for home?

2. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 10 months ago

Geraniums and begonias both are excellent house plants. Whatever you decide to grow be sure to have a good window to provide enough sunlight and remember to water them as needed. I have lost many plants over the years from simple neglect.

chughgarimaposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Hi Diana, thanks for the information, indeed low light and not providing proper sunlight are the major cause and that is the only problem I am facing, I have lost various plants due to this.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 10 months ago

If you don't like strong smells, don't use geraniums, I use them only outside. Are you looking for green plants or ones that flowers. I love Indian rope plants. they take awhile but will flower, them and pothos are easy to grow. Succulants are good if you forget to water. If you have a high humidity home them orchids and other humid loving plants are good. If you have small children, be careful. Some plants are toxic, like the dephembocia for example. Message me if would like more info. I have a farm and I grow alot of different plants. Spider plants are great in low light ares too. I hope this helps.

chughgarimaposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Terrie, such a great information you have shared. Well, I would like to go with spider plant as you mentioned that spider plants are good in low light areas as where I want to place a indoor plant at my home, there is a low light.

2. Terrielynn1 profile image93
      Terrielynn1posted 9 months agoin reply to this

One way to know if it will gro in little to no light is to see how light the leaves are. the darker the leaf the more direct light the plants needs. Air plants and ferms also grow in low light.

4. hbounthiyal profile image45
    hbounthiyalposted 9 months ago

Well, I guess spider plants would be the best option to choose from indoor plants as it doesn't need high sunlight and grow good in low light areas. but it needs good amount of water. Here are I found some amazing indoor plants http://www.healthsecrets.in/health/5-pl … pollution/ to best fit according to the atmosphere and locations. I hope this will help you little to know more about indoor plants.

working