jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Florida Consumer Protection and Homeowner Credit Rehabilitation Act

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Own a home in Florida? Be very very scared.

http://4closurefraud.org/2010/02/01/flo … ation-act/

Seriously - I have no axe to grind here - this is an extremely dangerous piece of legislation that will give the banks in Florida the option to foreclose on any property. Regardless of whether it is in arrears or not. They own all the homes that are behind on payments - now they want yours if you are not.

I honestly did not think it could get any worse, but this is worse. Lots of people are covering this - do some research, but - take it from me - this is not  good news for homeowners.

1. rebekahELLE profile image87
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this
  2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

This isn't big news, it's just now in the open. lol

I don't own any property in Florida or anywhere else for that matter.

But, Thank you for posting. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I only just found it - and having read it - dear me. smile

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately, banks have been waiting for this to happen. hmm

It's giving the banks TOO MUCH power and control over citizens. And, it continues to strip citizens of many things, not just material things. hmm

Again, Thank you for posting. It now brings more attention to deceitful practices of business that have a stranglehold on U.S. Congressional officials.

The corruption gets passed over and it's sad. yikes wink

4. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Well one of you needs to write a Hub on it...get more exposure out there - forums are read by very few smile

1. readytoescape profile image61
      readytoescapeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I wrote about this months ago in a hub titled “Foreclosure Defendants May Get Judicial Assistance.”

But with this new development, I may need to research a bit more and update.

5. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

You might note that this is a in response by Banking Lobbyists to the Florida Supreme Court’s Administrative Order No. AOSC09-54, signed and Ordered in Late December 2009 regarding the foreclosure process in Florida. This Order is retroactive and requires all actions currently on the Court Dockets to comply.

This Order effectively put the brakes on the foreclosure process in Florida’s Courts by regulating how and what Banks and their Attorneys could do and required that all foreclosures go to mediation before the process can proceed.

Mainly it forces the Banks to get their “ducks in a row” before even filing a foreclosure action, including proving they actually own the note and have legitimately and fairly negotiated with the Homeowner mitigation options, which for the most part, have been ignored by the banks.

6. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

this was in the st. petersburg times last thursday.
    it is scary stuff that every homeowner in fl. needs to be aware of.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/r … ss/1069024

nice of you to make a thread about it mark.

working