Home accessories for beautiful homes
Accessories are certainly an integral part of any deco efforts. The reason we need them is to give that extra touch, which completes the whole picture quite similar to an artist's portrait. Some popular accessories worth checking out: indoor plants, flowers, lamps (one with coils), fancy cubes, bean bags, cascades, jute screens, tinkles (ones you hang with drapes and get that gentle tinkling sound when the curtain sways with the wind ), beverage brand posters, paintings etc. They add to the look of a room and also fill in the empty spaces.
So, do you have to redo flooring to get a new look? Since flooring is an expensive exercise, you should be absolutely sure as to whether you require it, or that you can find an easy yet effective way out of this. If suppose you find that interior colour theme is mismatching with your flooring, you can try buying a rug the colour of your interiors or neutral, that's chic looking and goes well with it. I remember an instance where the mismatched look in my friend's house won him praise as to 'Wow, what a theme,' so it all depends on how you think. If possible, please avoid redoing floors. If you still want to go ahead with it, it's your choice. But, make sure you get the right sort of flooring done that's easy to maintain and adds brightness to the room.
What should be the appropriate height at which you should hang your paintings? There's no fixed rule as such. However; a good idea here would be to hang the pictures at an eye-level or in an ascending order. If you plan to hang the picture above a settee or a seating arrangement, make sure it is at a comfortable height so as to avoid accidents.
Tips on how to make your room look spacious.
- Each room may have its own design or layout, but these tips will work for just about any room. The golden tips:
- Please do not block natural sunlight and air by hanging those heavy curtains. Try using a lighter material for curtains. They should be in nice patterns, not just plain and dull looking.
- Try using a torch or lamp, it reflects light off the ceiling and back into the room thus adding to the brightness. You will get the best results if you have light-coloured walls.
- Try using mirrors on cabinets or a wall mounted one, which reflects more space you can try out even combinations here.
- Do not crowd your room with unwanted furniture or bulky looking furniture. Instead of having a huge box-shaped cabinet you can try out making wooden shelves each placed at right angles (three vertical and three horizontal criss crossing each other and are attached to each other with easy to bolt screws). This looks a better way to display you stuff. And, what's more, it's detachable, so it's not bulky and saves you lot of space.
- Use open 'leggy' furniture, it helps keep the space open and free.