No TV For Five Days: Day 2
August 5, 2008: Gloomy Tuesday
I've decided that Tuesday is officially worse than Monday. The weekend was over two days ago, and Friday is still three days away.
Today was difficult. I had a headache that started early in the afternoon and lasted all throughout the evening. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was lay down and watch tv, to zone out and forget about the world's problems.
I sucked it up and decided to take a nap. It didn't help. Defeated, I ignored my headache and tried to do my best to be productive with the rest of the evening.
Day 2, TV-Free, here are the things I accomplished:
- Ran an errand and checked off 5 things on my To-Do list
- Prepared dinner and did 3 loads of laundry
- Caught up on some accounting paperwork for a personal client (months overdue!)
- Watched new, funny home videos of my brother's kids
- Started the One Hundred Push-ups Program with my husband =)
Since I was so bothered by my headache, I spent a good amount of time this evening reading some material:
- I learned about headaches and tips on how to prevent them
- Learned to do a Taoist exercise for stretching/breathing/relieving headaches
- Read about some scary stuff called New Daily Persistent Headache
Health issues aside, I realized that as soon as I pushed myself to do things, the less I thought about relaxing in front of the TV. There's always a great sense of accomplishment every time I get to check things off my To-Do list. Even better, reading books/magazines and surfing online adds to my knowledge and edumacation, more than anything I would get from the television news or shows.
To pacify my thirst for some celebrity news and gossip, I shall read about the new Brangelina Twins before I sleep tonight. No Access Hollywood for me!