10 easy ways to make friends and create a social life.
Everyone wants friends. friends are those people that we can turn to when we need to talk, when we need company, or when we just want to be around people that love us. However, for many people, making friends is not such an easy task. It takes time and energy, and this can be overwhelming.
There are very simple, and creative ways to make friends in any stage in life. The number one thing that there is to remember, is that in order to make friends, you have to be open to talking, and meeting new people.
1. Go out to a park, or to a mall. Since in order to make friends you have to meet new people, go out where people are, and if you are comfortable enough, start talking to them. The hardest part about starting a conversation, is the introduction. Just start each conversation with a "Hi" or a "how are you".
2. Pick up a Hobby. This is an extremely simple way to make new friends, because you can meet people that like the same things that you do, while you work on your hobby. The majority of the time, people meet each other while they do every day things, or hobbies. So, get out there, and enjoy life a little!
3. Give your neighbors a gift basket for the holidays. One of the best ways to make friends especially during the holidays, or through out the year, is to make or give gift baskets, or food baskets for the holidays to your neighbors, or even co-workers. This works amazingly because it something simple, and its personal.
4. Take interest in other people lives. Now, i'm not telling you to snoop around, simply take more interest in the lives of the people that you are constantly around. For example, if you work in an office, and someone is upset take a minute to ask if they are OK. This may seem like a very small thing, but the person it may mean much more.
5. So, you took an interest in someones life, now do a follow up! This is an easy way of showing another person that you care, and that you are genuinely interested in their well-being.
6. Whenever possible: Greet everyone the same. This is a great way to make friends, because it shows that you like everyone the same. There is nothing worse in a friendship than favoritism, this can be hurtful. So, greet everyone the same way, and see how people respond.
7. When talking to strangers, show interest in their lives. Whenever I talk to someone new, I always find something that we may have in common. Even if its a small thing, I still find it that it is easier to get to know a person, once you talk to them about something that they like.
8. Invite your Older friends, or a new acquaintance out to lunch or dinner. This is something simple, and it can be fun for both of you, The meal doesn't have to be expensive or even elegant, it just has to be something that you both like. This can open up doors to having a conversation, or even better: having a friendship!
9. If you are always surrounded by people that you don't know, then get to know them. This is something that can take work, especially if you are shy, but no one likes to be alone, and everyone is shy at least at first. So, if you are in school, or in a workplace, or in a crowd waiting for something for a while, start a conversation with someone.
10. Last but not least. If you've known someone for years, or if you work with someone new, talk to them, and see what they are all about! This is easy, and honestly it doesn't take a lot of time to do. It can also show people that you are open, and willing to talk to others, and that you are friendly as well.
Making friends does not have to be tough. It can be fun, and a great experience. Just take your time, and have fun with it!