How to Save Money on Goodie Bags
Making Goodie Bags on a Budget
Are you looking for ways to save money while making large quantities of goodie bags? Whether it is for a big holiday or birthday party, I wanted to share a few of the tips I have learned along the way to save money while making our family's goodie bags.
Being the mother of two little boys and a wife to a 4th grade teacher, it seems like I am always making up goodie bags for a big holiday or birthday party. Living on one income, I had to come up with some creative ways on saving money on these goodie bags because lets face it - these treats can get very expensive when you have multiple kids in school. Just this past Halloween, I was faced with the large task of making over 60 goodie bags and yes come December it will happen again with Christmas.
So if you are in the same boat as me, I thought I would share a few tips on how our family saves money on making our goodie bags.
Money Saving Ideas for Goodie BagsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Money Saving Tips to Making Goodie Bags
- Tip #1 - First and foremost, ALWAYS shop the clearance aisles once the holidays are over. Pick up the bubbles, those crazy noise makers, goodie bags, and anything else you can find on sale. You will be so thankful the next year that you don't have to pay full price!
- Tip #2 - If you didn't get a chance to shop the clearance aisle last year, check out places like the Dollar Tree especially for items like the goodie bags. You can get 25 bags for $1.00 versus 20 bags at Walmart for $1.88. They also have fun little toys to throw in the goodie bags. Great place to save some money!
- Tip #3 - Always buy the regular packaged candy! Yes I know the special holiday packaged candy is tempting but if you buy the regular packaged candy you can always save the excess candy back for the next batch of goodie bags. Most candy expires 6 months to a year after the manufacture date if stored properly.
- Tip #4 - Recycle those goodies from the parties your child attends in other useful ways. For example, I kept all those pencils my boys got in their goodie bags. By the time my little boy started Kindergarten, I did not have to buy the pack of pencils off the supply list because I already had 30 pencils in our desk drawer!
- Tip #5 - If you don't want to do the normal candy and toys routine, bake some delicious cookies or other treats to put in the goodie bags. It totally adds a personal touch, the kids will love it, and it will save you a fortune!
Helpful Tips for Goodie Bags
Most importantly get creative with making these goodie bags and have fun with it. If you are making a large quantity of bags like me, make it a family event in order to help save your sanity. Trust me - I will take any help I can get around here! Hope you will find these tips as helpful as I do and they save you money on making your goodie bags!
If you have any great ideas on how to save money on making goodie bags, please share your tips with everyone in the comment section below.
Other Money Saving Hubs:
- Saving Star: A New Way to Save
An introduction to the Saving Star website. You will find out how it works, what kind of payment methods they offer, and the many benefits of using this grocery ecoupon website.
- 5 Ways to Save Money on a Babysitter
Are you looking into hiring a babysitter but worried about the expense? Read to learn 5 ways to help you reduce the cost of babysitting service.
- How to Save Money on Christmas Cards
Would you like to save some money sending out your Christmas cards this year? Read further for how to access your Christmas card needs and learn some valuable money saving tips.