How to Shop for Clothes on a Budget
Tips for Buying Clothing on a Budget with Style
A recent study has revealed the extent to which women get excited when they find a good deal. This type of euphoria cannot be compared to any other so called pleasurable event. But we didn't really need a study to tell us that finding great bargain clothes without sacrificing style, creates a certain high that is very difficult to match.
In a recession, shopping for clothes on a budget becomes critically important. But even in good economic times, shopping on a budget with style in mind becomes a lifestyle choice for many. The savvy shopper sees little need to spend a fortune for an item of clothing in high season when all you have to do is wait until the low season to get the same style at 50 to 70 percent off.
Here is how you can dress in style and in fashion on a budget
1. Purchase Basic classic pieces. Whether you purchase, slacks, skirts, blazers or dresses, remember that classic styles endure for a long time and could be paired with many other items, extending your wardrobe. Choose basic blacks and browns in slacks, neutrals, a good sweater and sensible shoes.
2. Purchase clothing out of season: Attempt to get to your department store at the time when clothing and accessories are marked down considerably. Look for 50 to 80 % off fashions. The downside is that you may not get the best selection as you are only buying what is left over, but you can get some great deals anyway.
3. Beware of the "buy 2 get one 1/2 price advertisements. While this may seem like a good deal, just ask yourself if you really need two items. If the answer is no then you are not really getting a deal.
4. Buy only what you really like. There is a tendency when bargain shopping, to buy clothing just because it has been marked down considerably. You then end up with a closet full of clothing that you realize you don't really like and you may end up giving them away. This is not smart shopping. The budget shopper is looking for good quality clothing and style at a reasonable price.
5. Copy it. If it is designer clothing you like, you can dress in style without breaking the bank. There are online shops that offer copies for much less. Try to find low cost versions of designer clothes in department stores or online. All you really need is a genuine look-a-like ti be in style.
6. Try before you buy: Even if you are buying fashion for $5.00 as opposed to %100, you still need to ensure a proper fit.Often when we buy at bargain prices we are not so concerned about fit because we somehow think that if it doesn't fit there is no great loss. However, a budget shopper should count the cost of buying unwanted clothing that are not the right fit, color and style.
You probably know any number of people who you admire for their fashion sense and style in clothes. You probably have wondered how it is possible for them to dress so fashionable all the time. You may think they must spend a lot of money on clothing until you find out that they are avid bargain hunters with an eye for style and in fashion clothes. Now it is your turn.
Celebrities Who Shop For clothing On A budget
Yes they make millions, they are famous and they can buy practically anything they want. \yet many celebrities and famous persons, prefer to shop on a budget. For some, it provides a sense of freedom - freedom buy from a variety of smaller shops and designers and to wear clothing that more closely match their personal style.
One such celebrity budget fashionista is the first Lady Michelle Obama who is well known for buying her clothing from J Crew and for using not so famous lower cost designers.
Taylor Swift looks cute and adorable all the time but she does not spend a fortune on clothes and doesn't want you to either. Her line of Wal-Mart sundress start at a mere $14. Now that is a great example in frugal shopping.
Miley Cyrus always looks stylish and fashionable in the clothing she chooses. She feels that being able to shop on a budget gives her more freedom to change her style more often.