- Personal Finance»
- Frugal Living
How to get free stuff by testing or reviewing products
By free, I mean free
Spending my time searching for the best deals, I have found some really cool ways to get free things. Whether you want free makeup, clothes, kids stuff, food or whatever, you can get almost anything free online.
First, if you really love free stuff, sweepstakes, instant win games or Amazon giveaways, I would recommend following CouponClipinista and I love free stuff and saving on Facebook. You will find the most current sweepstakes and free giveaways faster with CouponClipinista than on any other Facebook page. With over 2 million fans, she does a great job at keeping all freebie fans happy!
Before I continue, I will explain what I try to get for free. On one website, I make sure I only request to review products my family needs. I am in the process of saving for a new home, and right now we don't have a whole lot of space.
On other websites, you may be offered opportunities to test products based on your product usage and buying habits. I will go into further detail with each website.
You can also get products for free by requesting samples from companies with promotions. I find most of these from Facebook, and it's a great way to find products you would like to try, without purchasing the entire product. They also work great for traveling if you end up with personal care samples.
Influenster allows for product discovery and reviews on all types of products. Whether your into fashion, beauty, pets, electronics or food, this is a great website to discover new products on the market. I received my first Voxbox within the first month of being a member. I think this is a fun website and best of all you don't have to buy anything.
How it works:
- When you sign up, you will be asked to connect social media accounts. The more friends or followers you have means the more your reviews will influence others.
- On your dashboard, you will complete "snaps", which will determine which types of products to send you if you qualify for a Voxbox (free product).
- If you search and find products you have already tried you can leave your review on this website. Reviews not only help others determine if they would like to purchase that product, but helps your ranking on Influenster as well.
- Once you qualify for a Voxbox, whether it's a glam box, food box, etc., you will get notified by email. The first step is to take a short survey and if selected, you will again be notified you have joined the campaign. Each one is different, and they each have steps to take after receiving your box. These steps are simple and most are sharing posts on social media.
Overall, my experience with this website has been great. They also have an app if you like these types of things on the go.
Would you take 15 minutes of your day to fill out online forms for free stuff?
Become an Amazon reviewer
Once I became an user, I became hooked. Wanting the most out of my membership, I searched around and found out that you can review products for a discount (more than 51% off) or for free on Amazon. If you click on the Amazon link, that will provide you with a free trial of Amazon Prime if you don't have it already. It is not nessecary to have prime to review products, however I have found that it saves a huge amount on shipping if you plan to review a lot of items. The Amazon link also provides all the features it comes with along with prime video and free 2-day shipping on all orders. Amazon Prime
Amzreviewtrader is the actual website that you will sign up for to become a product reviewer. The concept is that sellers need more buyers on Amazon, so they use this website to get honest and unbiased reviews to help their products sell better. To get those honest reviews, they offer their product discounted or for free.
- Once you sign up and complete your profile, you can search through the website for available products to review.
- Once you have found something you would like to review, you will then request to review the item. It is then up to the seller if you will be selected to review or not.
- If you get selected to review an item, you will then see under review requests what is needed to complete the review. Most sellers will give you a promo code to be entered in at checkout which is done directly on Amazon's website.
- Once you receive the item, you will then test the product and write a review on the item and leave a seller review. Once that is complete you are finished with the review!
The more items you review, the better chances you have to review additional items. Some sellers may only choose you depending on your Amazon profile information. It does depend on the seller, and there are several different products to choose from on the website. Because you are receiving these items discounted or for free, you do have to disclose that it was discounted or free in your review. I have reviewed about 7 products on this site and have been able to get things that we need instead of picking something out that we may or may not use.
Some of the time I make extra money by answering surveys online. Most of the items I have purchased on this site has cost under $5.00, so I use the Amazon gift cards I receive from my survey taking. This has saved me a lot of money alone in the last couple of months. If I do not have enough points to cash out from surveys, I do not test products. I like to think this is a way to prevent me from ordering stuff all the time!
Join these other great freebie sites!
Crowdtap is a website that allows you to "tap" on missions to be awarded points. You get the chance to try free products just by completing some of these missions and some brands give cash awards. I have only been on this website for a week and I have already been approved to test 1 product and got $15 in Amazon gift cards just from "tapping"! This website does require connection to social media accounts to share your missions and get the word out on the product you reviewed.
Smiley360 is a website kind of like Crowdtap where you complete missions for rewards and qualify for free products. The more you share on social media, the more points you gain towards those rewards.
Splashcore is another website that allows you to do missions to unlock rewards and sweepstakes. Right now if you sign up and click on the picture with the blanket Lifetime will send that blanket to you for free! All you have to do is snap a picture of it when you receive it! Once you take your picture and upload it, they give you a $5 Target gift card!
Generation Good is the website to try Seventh Generation products. My first day signing up I was selected to try Seventh Generation's Free & Clear laundry detergent made for sensitive skin, for FREE! Complete missions and earn points for rewards and freebies like the other websites as well.
Host a Healthy Baby Home Party!
What is a Healthy Baby Home Party?
Seventh Generation's home parties are powered by people like you who are focused on creating a healthy environment for the next generation. Developed with input from non-profit partner, Healthy Child Healthy World, they are a great way to get together with friends, share helpful information, and make an impact!
Healthy Baby Home Party kits are provided to all selected hosts and are filled with educational info about our environment, helpful tips, a fun game, and samples and coupons from Seventh Generation and other favorite family-friendly brands like bobble, Plum Organics and Zarbee's Naturals.
What is the Application Process?
- Sign up at generationgood.net to join the Generation Good community, or log in if already a member.
- Accept the Healthy Baby Home Party Application offer on your Generation Good dashboard and complete the application.
- Applicants will be notified by end of March if they have been selected to host a party, via an email to the email address assigned to their Generation Good member profile.
- All selected applicants will then need to confirm their participation by accepting the Healthy Baby Home Party Mission in Generation Good and confirming their shipping address.
- 1,900 FREE Party Kits will be distributed in this round.
- Hosting spots are open to US residents only at this time. Canadian parties are planned for later in 2016!
Full terms and conditions are available within Generation Good in the "Healthy Baby Home Party Application" offer.
Save even more on Amazon just by saving your email receipts!
I have recently discovered that some stores offer a price match on items that may drop in price shortly after purchasing. The website is called Paribus and this site is amazing! You basically connect your Amazon account and email account (the one your purchase receipts go to) and the website does the rest! What it does is scans your purchases and your receipts through Amazon and other sites to get you cash back that may have been missed. It could be a price drop, missed coupon or sale and Paribus will find it for you! You do need to connect a payment card as they do take 25% of any cash back they find for submitting the claims to the retailers for you. You can however receive 100% cashback if you refer 5 friends and they join. With this, your basically making money without lifting a finger once signed up.
Other ways for free stuff
If you have children, Lowe's offers build and grow workshops for kids. These are free workshops that you can sign your children up for online if available in your area. The latest workshop my children attended was their Monster Jam workshop building a wooden monster truck. It was so cute so see my 8 and 9 year old hammering away on their first self-built toy! There were several children younger that attend, however I believe any time is a good time to teach a new skill at any age!
Toys R Us offers in-store events where they offer free items to attending children like activity books or posters. Each event is different and items received will be different, but it's another free event you can take your children to. The best part is they will have something to bring home too!
I live to save on everything and I want to share all these savings with you! If you have any questions or would like more savings tips, please feel free to comment below!
© 2016 Heather Darnell