Inexpensive Car Insurance
It seems like car insurance prices are always going higher, just like the price of everything else. This can definitely be hard, especially for someone struggling in this current economic climate. While inexpensive car insurance does have it's downsides, there definitely are ways to get cheaper car insurance, it just takes a little bit of researching, changing your habits and your coverage.
I am definitely going to try and help you to be able to find some inexpensive car insurance quotes that can fit your lifestyle and your budget. Car insurance is mandatory, so finding the right one for you and your wallet is the best thing that you can do.
Shopping Online for Cheap Car Insurance
One great way to find inexpensive car insurance these days is to search online. There are many different websites that allow you to find inexpensive car insurance companies and compare them to see who has the best rate for your specific personal details, car details, and driving habits. So, definitely start searching around for car insurance comparison websites, and you'll be able to find that cheap auto insurance price you're looking for.
Also, know that you can leave your car insurance company at anytime, with no penalty. This can give you some good leverage when it comes to negotiating a lower rate, since you can threaten to leave, but definitely be willing to change companies if they don't meet your lower price.
Change Cars for a Better Insurance Rate?
One way to get inexpensive car insurance is to change the car you drive. Some cars are much more expensive to insure than other ones are, because of a lot of factors. Some of those factors are the speeds the car can go, and the attractiveness to thieves.
Here is insure.com's 2009 list of least expensive cars to insure (cheapest at the top):
- Hyundai Santa Fe (Midsize SUV)
- Kia Sportage (Small SUV)
- Hyundai Entourage (Minivan)
- Kia Sedona (Minivan)
- Kia rio5 (Small wagon)
- Honda Odyssey (Minivan)
- Smart Fortwo (Small passenger car)
- Saturn VUE (SUV)
- Mazda Tribute (SUV)
- Chrysler Town & Country (Minivan)
Obviously other factors come into play when you're calculating someone's insurance, but for a standard adult driver with a clean driving history, these will be the cheapest choices for you.
Other Factors That Determine Car Insurance Prices
As I mentioned before, there are a lot of different factors that come into play when your insurance is calculated. If you can control some of these factors, you'll be able to get cheap car insurance quotes.
- Fast cars. Because faster cars have more risk of getting in accidents, they cost a lot more to insure. Another reason that these cars are more expensive to insure, is that younger people like these types of cars, and since those are the ones likely to drive faster, they are insured at a higher premium.
- Sporty cars. Sport cars are very attractive to thieves for a few reasons. One of the reasons is that the cars look nice, and so if they steal them, it's better. Secondly, there's bound to be more expensive stuff inside the car, and so that makes them an attractive target for would-be thieves. Sometimes these sports cars have soft-top's and so that makes them even easier for criminal and thieves to break into.
- Hybrids. While hybrids get better gas mileage, they actually may cost more to insure. Since their parts are fairly limited, they cost more to insure since those parts are harder to come by and are therefore more expensive to replace if an accident were to occur. Foreign cars have higher insurance premiums for the same reasons.
- Age. Much older cars, and very new cars have expensive parts and harder to come by parts, and so that makes them more expensive when it comes to car insurance. If you want inexpensive car insurance, then you'll want to get a car that isn't brand new, but isn't too old as well.
- 4 Wheel Drive. If you have a car with 4 wheel drive, then you may be paying more. The reason is because there are more parts than in a standard vehicle, and so you have more parts to insure. But, often times big trucks and SUVs that have 4 wheel drive aren't really targets for thieves because they'd be harder to hide, and so those balance out when it comes to your car insurance premiums.
Negotiating for Cheaper Car Insurance
More Insurance Information to Help You Out
- Tenants Insurance
If you own a home, then you know that you have to pay home owners insurance. Often times, if you didn't put enough money down on the house, then you'll be mandated to get a certain amount of coverage for...
- Commercial Truck Insurance
The business of driving a large big rig truck can be a dangerous fun, and a lonely one. Being out on the highway for days and days on end can sometime be unnerving. Because the trucks are so large and...
- Cargo Insurance
Whether you need to transport goods and cargo via a truck or on a boat, it is important to have those items insured in case anything happens. While some would argue that insurance isn't necessary, when you...
- Import Car Insurance
There are many different options when it comes to car insurance. it seems like every single car insurance company is trying to come up with new, funny commercials all of the time, in order to try and get...