5 Reasons Why Some People lack Money
A class teacher asked her students how they spent their christmas holiday. She called the first child. He said that christmas was a wonderful time for them on the christmas eve. They went for mass because they are catholics and early in the morning, they woke up early, ate breakfast and attended church service. When they came back, they went to the christmas tree to take their gifts.
She called the second student. He replied that they were methodists and the way they spent their christmas was similar to the catholics. They did not have breakfast but after service they returned home to have lunch and they each went to the christmas tree to open their presents.
The teacher called the third boy. He responded that they are not christians. They did not go for mass but their mother prepared a delicious meal in the morning and after that they entered their father's car and drove to his store. He showed them his empty shelves because many people had come to buy from his store and he led them to his cash register. He showed them all the money he made and they all locked hands together to sing what a friend we have in Jesus Christ. For this man, christmas was a period to make sales. The same is true of most of us, we spend all we have – we keep buying.
Money! Do You Want It?
The HOLY BIBLE states explicitly that money is the root of all evil but inside our hearts we can't say we hate money. GOD intends to bless us. It's a fact that not all will be wealthy. Some will be wealthy but it's GOD'S plan that we should all be blessed. We all want money but do you wonder why most people can't have it. The reasons are:
- Wrong mentality – there are some who believe that riches are evil, so they do not want much. If you have such mentality, there is no assurance that you will have wealth. There are people who have poverty mentality, all they want is the small amount. I heard of a man who never gave more than $5. To him, that is big money in his world. Some people are like that. You can't expand their horizon and giving beyond that level. There are some also who believe every rich man is a thief.
- Wrong attitude and wastage mentality – buying things you don't need. Storing things that are not useful for you. If you have this attitude, prosperity will be far away.
- Laziness – if you are not willing to work and help others get to the top, you'll not be rich. Some work as an employee but the way they handle another man's work is the same way they'll handle theirs. If you can't do another man's work well with your strength, then don't expect yours to work out.
- Extravagant life style – buying anything that is trendy in the market, spending your money on what is not useful in the long run. Some of us can't say NO! Because we fear what people will say. Even when you don't need it, you go ahead and buy when there are pressing needs. They tell you to buy on credit. Let GOD lead you.
- Wrong association - connection with negative people who add no value to your life. Following people who have no vision and purpose will definitely lead you to poverty.
Many don't have money because they refuse to tithe and serve. At a particular time in our life, GOD pushes money into our lives but most of us MISS IT.
You need power
Many years ago, a rich man had the the financial strength to invest and multiply his money rather he squandered the money and lavished all his money on women, alcohol and cars. He changed cars anyhow. It never invested the money and today, he his poor and back to square one.struggling to pay for his one room and working for his mates.
Let me ask you – do you want wealth? Then be hard-working and practice the principle of honesty. If you want lasting riches, don't engage in dishonest activities – it invokes curses. Honour GOD with what you have as you trust HIM for increase. I am not saying that when you do these things you will be a millionaire overnight. These are few of the natural principles for financial prosperity.
If you want money, you need POWER and the acronym of P O W E R is
E-energy -rectitude which is right judgement.
In conclusion, you can increase your money by cutting your coat according to your size. Most of us are influenced by advertisement on television, billboard advert and the temptation of credit facilities. If we avoid wastage mentality which leads us into greater debts, financial prosperity will be achieved.
The National Foundation For Credit Counseling suggested four ways Americans can increase their money.
- Make a list of all your debts, target one and pay for it immediately.
- When your paycheck arrives, take a small part for savings or investment.
- Plan for your retirement.
- Avoid bad credit and none. You do not need to buy it unless it is really, really important.