Get Ready for Summer;Yard Sales 101 learn How to Sell &Buy
Make your yard sale Cheap Neat and Fun
10 Tips for a Successful Yard Sale
So you would like to have a yard sale, and wonder where to start. I would like to share some these top 10 tips with you.I have learned, for a successful Yard sale/Garage Sale You must follow these steps.
1. Plan Ahead-To have a yard sale ready and organized you must begin with giving yourself. enough time.Time to sort and organize the items that you would like to sell. I would suggest Sorting by price groups. and then by catergory like; this group of items will be 1.00 each,clothing 2.00,and then the other section will be a 25 Cents.Items that are more valuable put in another section the Random Table.This table will have to be individually marked.
2.Prices should be lower than you would sell online, people that go to yard sales are looking for yard sale prices not EBay or Amazon. Prices that are too high will only scare people away. Always remember that your prices need to be negotiable and that people will ask for a lower price. It is better to take a little less than to bring it all back inside.Keep in mind a yard sale is not for soley making money,declutter and get outside and enjoy it.
3. Bag deals.These are great a drawing in crowds fill a small bag of clothes, toys plus many more options.Offer a bundle price for bag.
4. A Free Box, there are some items that you really don't think are worth selling but for some reason they made it on seller table.These unworthy items for sale,could turn people away.solution: Have a Free Box.
5.Make sure items are clean and neatly set up on tables,and clothing is folded and clean. Try to make the visual display of your sale appealing to your shoppers.constantly organize and fold clothes after it gets messed up by previous customers.
6.Advertising!!! Very Important, This can be done in the newspaper, local store bulletin,and/or on Trees and telephone poles With a handmade sign. Make sure that you make your signs so that they are easy to follow to your yard sale. and make it bright and cheerful and use big letters so that people can read easily.And take them down after sale.
7.I would suggest having a yard sale for Both Saturday and Sunday. And check the weather make sure that you will not get rained out, although there is always a possibility of a fluke shower. It is not a good idea to plan for a yard sale if it fore-casted to be a chance of rain.
8. Try to greet your customers but try not to be pushy with sales. And remember that they will barter so Firm prices at yard sales just do not work.
9.If you are a mom and you would like to find something for the kids to do.Let them sell their toys/have a lemonade/kool-aid stand.
10. Keep items away from the hot sun that are heat sensitive like VHS and other items that might get damaged.
10.Try to have fun and enjoy yourself and you will have a great sale.
Summer is here and you are ready to go yard sale hopping and searching for good deals.
1. Remember that prices that are marked are almost always negotiable at yard sales.
2. If you cannot bargain someone down on one item you want.Try this technique of grouping items together and asking for one price.
3. Don't go on a cloudy/ expecting to rain day you won't find too many yard sales so check your fore-cast ahead of time.
4. If the sign says antique sale make sure you know a little about the item,before you fall for an "antique Item" that isn't worth a cent.
5.When you are buying electronics beware that you might end up with a non-working item.I have learned this the hard way,no matter how Honest they seem.
6.Same goes for Toys If they need batteries they might or might not work so beware if they are cheap take a chance otherwise keep looking.
7. Returns don't go for yard sales so double check the size and or want for an item because once you purchase it than it's yours.
8.If you buy one item or a truckful of items yard sale-ing is a great way to go out and enjoy the weather and have fun.And when you go yard sealing enough, that you want to start decluttering it out of your house,follow simple 10 steps and Make A Successful Yard Sale.
So we all know that Yard Sales you save lots of money but what would rather do..
would you rather go Yard Saling or Shopping at the store
Here is some great hubs on even more yard sale fun.
- How to Have a Successful Yard Sale
Having a successful yard sale is not that difficult. For cryin' out loud, I sold rocks that I picked up in my yard when I was a young boy!
- How to Profit from a Garage Sale or Yard Sale
If you want to have a garage sale that is successful and makes you some money, then this is the guide for you. There is a price list in this article that has the average amount that a buyer will spend on an item.
- How To Organize a Successful Neighborhood Yard Sale
Having a yard sale is a great way to get rid of items no longer needed and earn some cash, but a Neighborhood Yard Sale does both AND does it better - plus you get to know your neighbors!