castoriehandley93 profile image 60

"Why long-term care insurance has yet to catch on"

What;s your take on this? That the long term care insurance industry is the most ignored insurance body there is. I think that the writer made his ideas clear and well yet people think that LTC is nothing but a scam business.financialpost.com/2014/01/11/top-5-reasons-why-long-term-care-insurance-hasnt-taken-off/

LandmarkWealth profile image77

LandmarkWealth says

Larry Wall 3 years ago

My mother died of ALS--I lived in a different City, my sister worked full time. Home care was more expensive than a nursing home. There are a lot of different scenarios and determine what is best for the individual and the family.

Larry Wall says

Larry Wall 3 years ago

You can get insurance poor. It depends on your resources, illness and family. We have one child, who has disabilities. Discounting accidents, I will die before my wife--in the genes. Thus her policy has a rider that increases the amount. I do not.