jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

$1 Million pound is mistakenly deposited into your Account, would you “mistakenl

1. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

$1 Million pound is mistakenly deposited into your Account, would you “mistakenly” spend it?

You ask for a Loan  of $10,000 and the bank by error, deposits $1 Million.
    What would you do?  (This scenario does happen in reality)

2. fastfreta profile image80
    fastfretaposted 8 years ago

NO WAY!  The main reason is, it's dishonest.  Secondly make no mistake the bank will not let you get away with it.  In the US, your sentence for bank robbery is tougher than killing someone in some cases.  And that's what it would be like, if you spent the money, bank robbery.  They would not even consider it their mistake, but punish you to the fullest extent of the law.  So again, NO WAY!

3. profile image0
    sord87posted 8 years ago

I have experience this,a few hundred dollars mistakenly deposited into my account,the day after tomorrow the bank call remind me not to cash out that excessive amount unless you can prove that money is yours.I would say that very rare this could happen to someone but to 'mistakenly' spend it you have no chance at all .

4. profile image0
    Nate Kelleyposted 8 years ago

Not at all... I would try and get to the bottom of this situation..

5. lovelife999 profile image61
    lovelife999posted 8 years ago

i will inform to ban, because it is not a small amount and can not be remain hidden..

6. dinkan53 profile image76
    dinkan53posted 8 years ago

why to spend it, enough the interest getting from it every month to live happily

7. multifunctions profile image60
    multifunctionsposted 8 years ago

thats simply spending someone's money for your benefit. you can not prove your "mistake".

8. iain-mars profile image42
    iain-marsposted 6 years ago

As tempted as I may be, I would have to let the bank know. However, I would expect to get a decent amount of interest of this money!