do i need to make a certain amount of money in a week to have federal taxes dedu

1. profile image44
    jennlocke42posted 7 years ago

do i need to make a certain amount of money in a week to have federal taxes deducted from my check?

I am claiming on my w4 married 0.

2. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Provided you're an employee a company that pays through "standard" payroll practices (rather than, say, working for an individual who just writes you out a check or pays cash); taxes are deducted from each check, no matter how small the check.

( If you're not an employee, and instead are a contract worker or have some other arrangement where you're paid but not an employee, Federal taxes aren't generally taken out of our pay.  An example of that would be people who write for HubPages and are paid by Google.  No taxes are taken from Google earnings, and people have to report their earnings (and pay taxes on them) on their own.  )

For a person who is an employee of a company, Federal taxes are withheld from all earnings; and later the individual must fill out tax returns, showing income and how much was deducted.  It may turn out that more was deducted than someone on your income should have paid - in which case he will get a refund.

3. KeithTax profile image75
    KeithTaxposted 7 years ago

Jennlocke42, on your W-4 you have an opportunity to have additional withholding. On Line 6, fill in any additional amount you want withheld each pay period. Your employer should have W-4s on hand.

working