jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Since China is a major trading partner of the United States; . . ." should the C

1. MegaTrade101 profile image61
    MegaTrade101posted 7 years ago

Since China is a major trading partner of the United States; . . ." should the Chinese Yuan or

Reminbi be a part of the trade weighed average of the US Dollar Index?
    Yes /No and why?

2. imperial_han profile image59
    imperial_hanposted 7 years ago

Yes, i think. my opinion is becos China have more gold supplies compare to US. China might able to peg their money with gold.

3. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I'm assuming that yuan has stopped pegging itself to the dollar? If so they should include it in the average in the future.  However, most trade with China is one way -- to China.  It still really has very little economic power because it doesn't buy from others and until that changes it shouldn't be included.

4. profile image58
    forextcposted 7 years ago

Yes probably. I think depsite the current financial events, the dollar is still a highly regarded currency and it would take a monumental shift for this to happen though. Just because the American 'Empire' is beginning to crack, it's currency is likely to stay dominant for a long time yet.

Look at the fall of the British Empire. 100 years after it cracked the Pound still yields considerable influence.

working