Question on claiming unemployment benefits by a laid off employee who after bein

1. profile image47
    mrpsposted 7 years ago

Question on claiming unemployment benefits by a laid off employee who after being laid off picks...

up odd jobs for a couple of hours a week.

2. ExpandYourMind profile image72
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

If you are eligible for unemployment you can still work odds jobs and earn income.  However, any income you earn should be claimed when you file your unemployment claim for the week.  That money earned will be deducted from your unemployment check.  Keep in mind that if you accept a permanent full time job, that will end your unemployment.

3. profile image47
    mrpsposted 7 years ago

Thanks for your response, but to be more specific, will i be still eligible if the work that i do is more of contract in nature, meaning a self employed jobs....where the person who i work for does not deduct any payroll taxes?
    Some reason, I am a bit confused with the self employed not eligible for unemployment income.

I am still looking for a full time position and am open for one with a very short notice or no notice to the person I am offering my service.

working