This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: ""

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I resigned from my job three weeks ago due to ongoing verbal abuse from a co-wor

  1. profile image44
    anne3869posted 7 years ago

    I resigned from my job three weeks ago due to ongoing verbal abuse from a co-worker. I worked...

    there for 3 years but received no support from my employer.  I found a part time job thereafter but was laid off last week due to no work. Am I able to collect unemployment with only working 2 weeks? I am concerned about not finding full time work right away

  2. Jeremey profile image58
    Jeremeyposted 7 years ago

    If I am correct, it depends on the total average working hours in the last working quarter, unemplloyment benefits can be taken from all employers unemployment funds in the chosen quarter. It varies I think from state to state and it will be briefly explained to you once you file.

  3. Treasuresofheaven profile image71
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

    Contact your local unemployment agency directly or go online and file online.  It dosen't hurt to file.  You said you had worked for three years previous to your two week recent job.  Do not pay to file for unemployment, there are companies out there who request payment to file for you. 
    In the mean time, keep looking for work.  Be consistent and build a momentum while you are looking for work and you will find something. 

    Much success to you!  Tell me how it goes.

  4. NoRR4Me profile image81
    NoRR4Meposted 7 years ago

    I don't think it's based on your last job. It's based on the amount you've paid into the system over a certain period of time.

    You can do an Internet search for the website of your state's dept. of labor. They should have information there to answer your questions.

  5. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

    I'd speak 2 an atty about this. I'd also speak 2 the human resources in that job u resigned from; if possible.