jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What is the most useful financial advice you have received?

1. Avamum profile image83
    Avamumposted 7 years ago

What is the most useful financial advice you have received?

2. brandonhart100 profile image89
    brandonhart100posted 7 years ago

Pay down your debt first before you decide to take on market risk.  Start by paying your highest interest rate debt first. 

If you are someone that struggles with debt, then burn those credit cards - don't worry about the cashback bonus!

3. kozmicbluej profile image61
    kozmicbluejposted 7 years ago

Before you buy it, wait a day and see if you still need it.

4. wandererh profile image76
    wandererhposted 7 years ago

Don't buy stuff with money you don't have.  smile

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

don't buy on credit.  if you have to borrow to buy-you didn't need it.  I guess in the case of buying a home this may not apply.

6. amsmoving profile image56
    amsmovingposted 7 years ago

the best advice that I received was that it is better to have double the money than what you want to buy, such as if something cost $20 don't buy item when you have exactly $20 dollars what til you have $40 dollars. I has really helped me out in getting ahead of my finances.

7. profile image60
    ristacposted 7 years ago

Pay a little more off your mortgage each month than you need to. Overpayments on your mortgage can save you thousands of the course of the mortgage life span.

8. rkauroberoi profile image56
    rkauroberoiposted 7 years ago

The best financial advice I got was "Save more than you spend every month."

9. Sullen91 profile image78
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

Money saved is money earned, but people will treat money earned as having more money.

That's not advice; I just apended the apothegm I like.

10. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

Do not live on borrowed money. Don't buy anything on credit.

11. MicahI profile image85
    MicahIposted 7 years ago

Since I usually deal in the investment area of finance, the most beneficial advice I've ever heard comes from Warren Buffet.  I can't really pick out one particular statement, but here are just a few that I like:

"Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing."

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1."

12. ilmseo profile image61
    ilmseoposted 7 years ago

Pay yourself first - set aside savings before addressing other obligations. And make an extra mortgage payment every year.

13. profile image47
    jackdohsonposted 5 years ago

In my opinion you must visit the http://www.idfmcity.co.uk for more financial advice.

working