jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

In order to use AdWords, do you have to pay a monthly fee?

1. easylearningweb profile image92
    easylearningwebposted 7 years ago

In order to use AdWords, do you have to pay a monthly fee?

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

There is a fee to use adwords.  But, understand that adwords is the program that sells the adsense ads appearing on your hubs.  There is not only no fee to allow adsense on your hubs, you get paid instead. 

Hubbers have no use for adwords; they are on the selling end, making money instead of spending it.

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

You can buy adwords to sell yourself or product.  That is where they come from.  You buy them from Google.  The cost varies and many are by auction.  You bid to pay so much to appear and Google will place them depending upon the contract.

If you are talking about adwords that appear on your webpage, someone else has paid to put them there.  The website receives a very small fee each time one appears and another fee if someone clicks on the adword.  It's very little money but can ad up with a lot of page views and people clicking on them.

For someone to be paid for adwords that appear on their site they have to sign up for Ad Sense which is an affiliate program by Google.  I'm an Ad Sense affiliate (YouTube asked me to join) so when an adword appears on any one of my many websites I get about 1/10th of a cent but make about a penny if someone clicks on an ad.  Sounds like not much but these things can ad up with enough visitors.

4. john@patatusfoam. profile image61
    john@patatusfoam.posted 7 years ago

As the others have said, there is no fee until you start using the service.  The fee itself is determined by how many ads, placement of ads, and so on there are no additional fees or charges beyond what you control.

5. Terje Sannarnes profile image60
    Terje Sannarnesposted 7 years ago

There is no monthly fee to pay using AdWords. You pay according to a bid system, where the price you pay depends on the competition for that keyword, phrase, or placement. Your ads and your on page SEO can lower the cost of AdWords, for instance, if you bid for a keyword like "entrepreneur" and your ads, url and your page include the word entrepreneur, you will pay less than people who don't have this combination.

6. profile image0
    Jacobb9205posted 2 years ago

Only if you want to pay for your advert to be online.

working