ok so i got a 2900 dollar check in the mail for data press..and they said to dep

1. courtneylinton91 profile image51
    courtneylinton91posted 7 years ago

ok so i got a 2900 dollar check in the mail for data press..and they said to deposit it and send...

it back. Luckly the ;check went through and i have yet to send any money back. Why did i get this check with no contract from a random person in cali? I have talked to several people and the said if i sent it back like this random pewrson told me to, it would or could possibly draft my account. Where as to others have said just to spend every penny. So you tell me what would you have done if you recieved a $2900 check in your name?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

If it is like many scams, 1) the check will eventually bounce, or 2) depositing the check gives someone permission to access your bank accounts. Talk to your bank rep soon.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

go directly to the police.  I was scamed and theny my bank blamed me for them not holding up to their policy of checking the balance of the depositors checking account to see if the money was in there to cover it.  Read the bank policy you bank with.  Take it and any corespondence, like the evelope it came in to the police and make a report.  My scammer was in Nigeria, but yours in in the US and they are more apt to catch them here.  That is what the police told me when I brought my stuff to them.