Does corporate tax avoidance make you angry?

1. Joe Cook profile image57
    Joe Cookposted 7 years ago

Does corporate tax avoidance make you angry?

Since 2008 the poor, working and middle classes of the western world have been made to pay for the financial crisis that the elite super rich caused.

Tax Avoidance, unlike Tax Evasion, is remarkably still legal in the UK and US.

Rich global super corporations and banks run their tax through an elaborate network of loopholes and off shore tax havens - they don't pay much tax, we do - and we pay for them: are you angry?  Do you have a solution?

2. GAbaptist profile image77
    GAbaptistposted 7 years ago

I fully support tax breaks for businesses, period! Without these "greedy" businesses, there is no work for the "poor, working and middle classes". The more a business is allowed to retain, the more they have to expand and pay their workers. Along with expansion comes MORE JOBS!  This 'have and have not' mentality is what is driving America into the dust. We can either have a society where every one is equally POOR, or we can have a free commerce system where EVERYONE has the same opportunity to become wealthy. This is BASIC ECONOMICS 101. The truth is, most POOR WORKING MIDDLE CLASS don't have the ambition or work ethic to do what it takes to gain wealth. I have lived all over the world and have seen how other countries operate... America may have its faults, but still has a far better system than any other place in the world. If you want to make sure the job market stays in the tank, then TAX TAX TAX!

3. glenn wallace profile image73
    glenn wallaceposted 7 years ago

It frustrates the hell out of me!

Yes, lowering taxes can help small businesses gain footholds and grow. Yes, lower taxes can help some middling businesses stay in the U.S. but still be competitive, so those are all good things...

But at the current tax level, guess what huge corporations like Citigroup, Boeing and Bank of America pays most years in federal income tax?

ZERO, ZILCH, NADA!!!!!

That's right, you and I most likely pay more on our taxes than those corporations, that are handing out millions of dollars in annual bonuses to their CEO's.

Some of those same CEO's at Bank of America made decisions that helped wipe out my 401k, and now their business uses tax loopholes so they can keep on pulling down the seven figure salary, while their business doesn't pay a cent. 

GAbaptist warns of a world where too many taxes makes everyone "equally poor" but from where I stand that's a LOOOOOOOOOOONG freakin way from happening. Corporate America should pay its share!