jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you know any way that a teenager can make some money (not getting a job)?

1. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

Do you know any way that a teenager can make some money (not getting a job)?

I've tried washing cars, but I only make 20 an hour, I have another way that makes me about 30-40 an hour. Does anyone know anything that I can try (basically any business ventures for me to try)? Any help is appreciated - even if its a dumb idea/doesn't make a lot of money. I just don't want to go work at a store or shop.
    I also have a ton of wood to sell but I'm not sure how that's going to do

2. Ibrahim K. Shafin profile image68
    Ibrahim K. Shafinposted 6 years ago

If you are around 18, then you can get many jobs online. Constant-Content.com is a place where you can sell your well-written articles, start your own blog and monetize it. You can then try for AssociatedContent.com. You may design webs and sell them through oDesk. You can do WordPress theme management any design logos for small publishers and new brands. And surveys are also there.

Actually, if you can practise your single talent and utilize it, then no one will stop you making hundreds per month. My only tip would be to focus on only ONE SKILL, not many.

3. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

You only have a few choices when you are under 18.

Get a job. Create a job. Sell something you own. Beg from money for others. Steal (not recommended). Ask for money from your parents. Freelance with your natural talents.

4. silverlungs profile image60
    silverlungsposted 6 years ago

I'm having the same issue, and so far I haven't had much luck. I realise this isn't helping you at all, but if I find something I will let you know for sure!

5. kevin.howell profile image59
    kevin.howellposted 6 years ago

You only make 20 dollars an hour.  Are you kidding me?  Id wash cars for that.

6. SantaCruz profile image69
    SantaCruzposted 6 years ago

Are you artistic? If you have an adult who will help set it up, you can have a PayPal Student debit card. Then you could sell paintings or sketches on FineArtAmerica, which doesn't charge anything to post pictures. They let customers buy your image on greeting cards or whatever. Or you could sell crafty things on Etsy... I know a plumber who was in need of cash. He made really cool windchimes out of pipes & they sold like mad!

7. TripleAMom profile image87
    TripleAMomposted 5 years ago

If you like to shop or go to garage sales, you can buy really cheap items and resell them on Craig's LIst (or ebay if you have an account or your parents' have one you can use).  You can make a big profit on items, particularly electronics.  New clothes can go on sale for really cheap on clearance then be resold for a profit.

working