jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Honestly - how much would you pay at a pay-what-you-want restaurant?

1. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Pretend the food is comparable to dinner at Olive Garden. Best service with friendly waiters and waitresses. Customers can pay as much as they want or even pay nothing. No consequences. How much do you think the majority of customers would pay? Do you think the restaurant would be able stay in business?

2. Suzanne Winfield profile image82
    Suzanne Winfieldposted 6 years ago

hmm... interesting question. my minds going all sorts of directions.

I think there would be some brave enough to pay nothing. Probably those that could afford to buy the whole restaurant, honestly.

It would be the one's who really can't afford it and should be taking it for free that would feel to too guilty to pay nothing.

To be fair, I think I would take advantage of paying for the true cost of the ingredients plus a little for the preparation and such. Because they can buy in bulk at a lower price-point than one would pay at the grocery store, they may still have a chance of making money because obviously the restaurant would be very popular! More money left in the customer's pocket to be left for the friendly staff in tips.

Thought provoking question! do you know of a restaurant like that? I'm in!

3. Danette Watt profile image84
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

Panera Bread Co in St. Louis opened one of their restaurants as a 'donations' place (with suggested donations and all donations going to local food banks). They found that most people gave at least the suggestion if not more. There were, of course, people who walked out not donating anything but they were few and far between and those people actually got negative comments from other diners. The company plans to open another restaurant like it, I think on the West coast somewhere, maybe Seattle?

Anyway, I would probably be one of the ones who would pay what it would be charged on the regular menu.

4. MicahI profile image84
    MicahIposted 6 years ago

I think I would end up just paying the suggested price, if there was one, just out of fear that I might either underpay and take money from the restaurant, or overpay and not get enough value for my money.  If there was no suggested price I would just estimate what a comparable dinner might cost at a similar restaurant.

5. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

I would feel guilty about not paying especially not leaving a tip. Waitresses and waiters work way too hard at restaurants. I try to leave them a good tip every time even if I don't really have the money for it.

6. profile image44
    debbyrayposted 6 years ago

puddingicecream profile image 85

Im Mrs.Deborah Ray from Atlanta.i know how it feels like to be in stress.I needed a loan badly as a single parents when i lost my husband in an auto crash.I needed this money for the Purpose of business.i could not find anyone,not until a friend directed me to UK NATION loans.i was granted 55,000 Pounds without stress.since then i have promised to advertise for them.If you are in need of urgent finance get to them on ukloanslimited@live.com here is their number +4470359 03933

working