jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you agree that money can buy happiness?

1. profile image48
    suponcikposted 6 years ago

Would you agree that money can buy happiness?

2. waynet profile image74
    waynetposted 6 years ago

Yes with all the fake smiles your best friends could muster!

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

It might not be able to buy happiness, but it sure can help buy some items that might make you happy.  Money isn't everything, but when you don't have enough money, it sure feels like everything.

4. shwetha123 profile image72
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Well there is an old proverb in Indian Civillization related to money which I want to share here:

"Dear Money is not God, but its not less than God."

I don't think that you can buy happiness from money but yes for making a life luxurious you need money. That's all i need to say about this.

5. profile image58
    james-ratermanposted 6 years ago

No. People who truly find happiness want for not. Including money or material things. They may have them but it doesn't change the core of who they are. Happiness comes from knowing and loving oneself and being able to share that with others. Could part of that be money and generosity? Sure. But, having money or not is not a discerning factor. You can't talk to money, you can't shake moneys hand and you certainly can't make money happy so how would one expect it to make them happy.

6. JEDIJESSICUH profile image79
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I think that money can buy aspects of happiness. If you really want an iPhone, love isn't going to help cover the cost of one. But if you want happiness in the form of a relationship or friendships, money isn't going to do you any good.

It depends on what kind of happiness you want.

7. thebigbagblog profile image58
    thebigbagblogposted 6 years ago

You're dead for a real long time..you just can't prevent it. So, if money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it!-Weird Al Yankovic from the title track to Johnny Dangerously;-)

8. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not. we are not life for money only.

working