jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people prey on their friends and families with multi-level marketing?

1. marriedwithdebt profile image75
    marriedwithdebtposted 6 years ago

Why do people prey on their friends and families with multi-level marketing?

Why do people coerce their friends and family into attending "parties" where they guilt each other into buying things?

2. lemmyC profile image80
    lemmyCposted 6 years ago

Because they are easy targets and there is no harm in trial.

3. lucmaata profile image65
    lucmaataposted 6 years ago

Because its hard to think of people you don't know and sell to them.  Friends and family are the ones you can easily call and talk.  Since they know you, chances are, they will believe in you, then you have sales.  That is if you are credible, if you are not, that's a problem.

4. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

Because complete strangers will be more honest with them and their multi-level marketing things. Strangers will shut the door on them.

5. Aceblogs profile image61
    Aceblogsposted 6 years ago

Just because selling products to a complete stranger is not as easy as to sell them inhouse !

6. pocono foothills profile image79
    pocono foothillsposted 3 years ago

Why do you say "guilt" people into buying things?  If we have a party, we tell people not to bring any money, because they can't buy anything.  It's just an opportunity for people to see and sample what we have, then we give them the URL to our website, and if they want to order anything fine, and if they don't fine.  Otherwise, people just ask me if they can buy our products because they see the physical results that I have gotten from using them myself.

working