jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Would you be happy working from home 100%??

1. AgesMGMT profile image54
    AgesMGMTposted 6 years ago

Would you be happy working from home 100%??

Personally I would not, I feel like I need the social element in work that working at home doesn't give you.  Being stuck in my own home for that many hours a week is just to much.   But for some people it could be the perfect job, not having to deal with a commute or any of the other stresses that go with working in a traditional work environment.

2. smokingcupcake profile image75
    smokingcupcakeposted 6 years ago

I work from home and started in 2007. I love it, but sometimes I do miss the social interactions. Before this, I worked in the field surveying historic properties. Even then, I rarely worked with other people. I think I just got in the habit of working by myself. I'm not even sure I could work in a traditional job anymore.

3. poshcoffeeco profile image82
    poshcoffeecoposted 6 years ago

I would love to be at home full time. If I could make a decent living from my writing / Blogging efforts it would be the greatest thing possible. Being able to work when I like at whatever time of day or night is very important to me as it puts me in charge of my own destiny. Something which you don't get as an employee as the boss determines your hours and owns you for the time you are at work.Freedom here I come!

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

YES! I do not like being around people to much. Also I am a definite home-body. I like to control my schedule, plan everything, and have few complications. In my home, I would have that.

5. cre8ivOne profile image77
    cre8ivOneposted 6 years ago

It could take away some of the peacefulness you enjoy about being home but who wouldnt love going to work in their pjs?

6. SD Dickens profile image86
    SD Dickensposted 6 years ago

I would just because I hate commuting but I think I'd miss the social interactions a little bit.

7. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

nope i would not either ... staying at home is depressing if you're living alone.

8. brandasaur profile image60
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

Me and my hubby never tried working outside. We started being lazy bums then learned the ins and outs of online freelancing. Now we're earning big. But there are pros and cons.

Pros of working at home:
    You are safe from accidents.
    You can rest when your back aches.
    You can eat anything, anytime.
    You are with your family.
    No uniforms. You can wear tuxedo or just your underwears.
    You are your own boss, you manage your time.
    No tax.

Cons:
    You dont have a social life outside your home.
    Your electricity bill is BIG!
    There is a high possibility that you could be a workaholic.
    Its hard to apply for a loan.
    People will think you are only doing Facebook.
    You cant have the benefits that you can get from a regular work. Ex: health benefits

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i would love to but it just doesn't seem posible. if i could i would be able to get so many thing done around my house and spend so much more time with my family.

working