What is the best way to make money now after the Google panda update, Hubpages o

1. lukeuk profile image71
    lukeukposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to make money now after the Google panda update, Hubpages or wordpress ?

Please, I really need an unbiased point of view

2. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 6 years ago

It depends on whether or not you are writing a lot of topics in the same niche. If you're going to be writing on a number of different topics, your best best is HubPages. If you're going to write a lot of articles on a very similar topic, such as "life in France as an expat" where you write about different things related to that particular topic, wordpress or drupal would be your best bet. That said, it would ONLY be your best bet if you had your own domain name... not something.wordpress.com (but rather my-very-own-website.com.)

That said, I find HubPages very helpful even when I write a lot of articles on one niche. This is because other users here will share quality articles and, if you write well, you can gain your own prestige. With subdomains, you don't really have to worry about a lot of a 'crap' on here weighing you down.

You have to weigh whether the boost from HP members and higher visibility on this site along with the drawbacks (only 60% of earnings vs 100% which you would get w your own wordpress site) is worthwhile.

Other things you'll have to think about is doing your own on-page SEO. Here on HubPages, all the ins and outs of on-page SEO are taken care of for you. On your own website, you have to take care of all of that.

Another thing that you may want to consider is to make a niche wordpress site for some articles and then use HubPages for the rest of your writing. It's always a good idea to spread your portfolio across a number of sites (your own site, HubPages, squid, etc.) That way if one site does poorly, you're not completely in the hole.