jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has the Google Panda update really had a big effect on Hubpages?

1. Fix Computers profile image61
    Fix Computersposted 6 years ago

Has the Google Panda update really had a big effect on Hubpages?

If so how?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4963183_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

The panda update has cut the Adsense earnings of a lot of hubpages writers in half, or by even more.

I've not been a huge money maker here at Hubpages, however, I have been paid once by Google.  I know for certain that several of my hubs that used to get ten hits of traffic from Google every single day. . . .don't get that anymore.  The reason for this is that there are too many poor hubs, and too many poor writers on this site - so obviously, the trash has to be taken out.

I can also say. . . .without an explanation, that a few of my hubs have INCREASED in traffic since the panda update, I have no idea why.

If this site is to continue as a prestigious site where a freelance writer can have fun, and create webpages that sometimes earn money - then we all will have to "hop hubs," and flag the hubs that seem like half efforts, or spam.  I'm going to hop as soon as I submit this.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Wesman Todd Shaw is absolutely correct. There are way too many hubs that are either plain adds or written so poorly that reading them takes a lot of effort. We need to flag hubs that do not contribute to the community. The ultimate decision is up to the HP staff, but there only 24 of them at last count. For example Ezine does not allow an article to be published until it is approved by them, this keep their site well stocked with quality pieces. Perhaps doing something like this will help HP remain the quality site that it is.

4. pedrog profile image61
    pedrogposted 6 years ago

working